Want to find out if Sonic Relief is right for you?
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a broad term that covers a group of over 100 diseases. It has everything to do with your joints – the places where your bones connect – such as your wrists, knees, hips, or fingers. But some types of arthritis can also affect other connective tissues and organs, including your skin.
About 1 out of 5 adults have some form of the condition. It can happen to anyone, but it becomes more common as you age.
- Joint pain
- Joint swelling
- Joints that look red or feel warm to the touch
- Lack of movement or trouble moving
- Grating (the feeling of rubbing together inside the joint)
- Bone spurs — lumps of bone form around the joint
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are the most common kinds
- Medications if tolerated
- Painkillers: over-the-counter or prescription
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Biologics: medications that are designed to counteract inflammatory signals in the body and are made by complex methods involving genetically-modified bacteria
- Steroids to cut down on inflammation
- Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs): meds that slow or stop inflammation
- Physical therapy
- Splints or other aids
- Weight loss
- In rare cases, surgery
You've come to the right place.
- Ultrasound is a great choice to treat Arthritis. In fact, Arthritis is the number one reason people choose Sonic Relief.
- Ultrasonic sound waves are pulsed into the affected and inflamed joint at a million vibrations per second.
- The sound waves penetrate the skin and surface layers causing the soft tissue to vibrate. This produces increased blood flow to the area to help reduce local swelling and chronic inflammation and thereby relieve pain.
- Increased blood flow also delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the tissue, removes cell waste and aids healing.
- Regular ultrasound therapy for your Arthritis relieves pain and speeds the healing process.
- Ultrasound is a drug free and proven modality.
How to use your Sonic Relief to treat Arthritis:
- Apply a quarter size dollop of ultrasound gel over the joint with the arthritis pain.
- Turn on the Sonic Relief device to the “high” setting.
- Apply the sound head directly over the gel. Pointing the sound head into the joint, move slowly in a small circular motion no wider than 3 – 4 inches.
- Add more gel if the gel begins to dry out.
- Sonic Relief will shut off after 10 minutes at which time the treatment is complete.
- Wipe the gel from skin and the sound head with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- You may treat multiple areas one after the other – ie, knee followed by neck, and left side, right side as needed.
- Put the Sonic Relief back in the charger to be ready anytime you need it for arthritis or any other soft tissue pain or injury.
- Treat each area up to 3 times per day for 2 weeks. Then treat as needed.
- Good idea: keep your Sonic Relief by your bedside. Do your treatment before you go to sleep for a chance at a pain free night. Then first thing in the morning to start the day off right. Then try to get a 3rd treatment in during the day – either before or after an activity that generally exacerbates your pain (before working with your hands or long walks).
I use it everyday now on the areas that are stiff and sore.
I have tried everything for my chronic arthritis so I was skeptical when my daughter-in-law recommended that I try Sonic Relief. But after just one treatment on my knee, I noticed the difference – I was not as stiff and I could bend my knee further than I have been able to in years! I couldn’t wait to use it again. I use it everyday now on the areas that are stiff and sore. I like that I can take it with me to my cottage too!
Mary Major – Ontario Canada