Want to find out if Sonic Relief is right for you?
About Strains and Sprains
- Strains and sprains happen – a quick turn, a slip and fall or overuse can cause soft tissues to become injured. Muscles get strained, ligaments or tendons get sprained and all of them can have negative effects on our lives from work to home life. They can also be slow to heal
- Common strains include:
- Back Strain
- Neck Strain
- Hamstring Strain
- Thigh muscle Strain
- These occur when the muscle is overused or used or moved in a fashion that causes small tears in the fibres. Heavy lifting can cause back and leg strain, poor sleep or an unsupportive pillow can cause neck strain.
- Whiplash is a common type of strain when the muscles of the neck are extended beyond their normal elastic capabilities causing injury.
- A sprain is a stretching or tearing of ligaments — the tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect two bones together in your joints.
- The most common location for a sprain is in your ankle but shoulder ligament sprains are also frequent.
- When suffering from a strain or sprain, some pain is felt nearly immediately
- Pain increases for the next 48-72 hours as inflammation sets in.
- Upon movement or palpation, pain and warmth can be felt.
- Often, visual swelling can be seen on the joint or muscle.
- Range of motion will be noted.
- Some bruising may be seen on the affected area.
- The best treatment is prevention – keep fit, lose weight, don’t overdo activities if you haven’t done them recently.
- Strains and Sprains are best treated by rest and icing for 15 to 20 minutes at a time for the first 48 to 72 hours as quickly as possible after the injury.
- After the first three recovery days, heat can be applied for 15 to 20 minutes followed by lying down and performing gentle stretches.
- Banding, bracing and taping can help to stabilize injured joints, tendons, ligaments and muscles while they heal.
- If the pain, symptoms and limited activity remain after two weeks, the individual should seek out physical therapy for pain and swelling control and instruction in specific strengthening exercises to regain power, range of motion and movement.
- NSAIDS and other pain medication may be taken if tolerated.
You've come to the right place.
- Ultrasonic sound waves are pulsed into the affected and inflamed, injured tissues at a million vibrations per second.
- The sound waves penetrate the skin and surface layers causing the soft tissues to vibrate. This produces increased blood flow to the area to help reduce local swelling and chronic inflammation and thereby relieve pain.
- Increased blood flow also delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the tissue, removes cell waste and aids healing. Regular ultrasound therapy on your sprain or strain relieves pain and speeds the healing process.
- Ultrasound is a drug free and proven modality.
How to use your Sonic Relief to treat strains and sprains
- Turn on the Sonic Relief device to the “high” setting.
- Apply the sound head directly over the gel and move slowly in a small circular motion no wider than 3 – 4 inches.
- Add more gel if the gel begins to dry out.
- Sonic Relief will shut off after 10 minutes at which time the treatment is complete.
- Wipe the gel from skin and the sound head with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- You may treat multiple areas one after the other – bicep followed by ankle, and left side, right side as needed.
- Put the Sonic Relief back in the charger to be ready anytime you need it for sprains or any other soft tissue pain or injury.
- Treat each area up to 3 times per day for 2 weeks. Then treat as needed.
- Good idea: keep your Sonic Relief by your bedside. Do your treatment before you go to sleep for a chance at a pain free night. Then first thing in the morning to start the day off right. Then try to get a 3rd treatment in during the day – either before or after an activity that generally exacerbates your pain.
Groin Strain improved after a few days
My son recently strained his groin during ‘tae quon do’. He used the ultrasound as directed and was able to return to classes after only a few days. Amazing product. Both of us are believers.
Evhenia Tiahur, London, Ontario