Want to make sure that Sonic Relief is right for you?
What are Tension Headaches?
Tension headaches are dull pain, tightness, or pressure around your forehead or the back of your head and neck. Some people say it feels like a clamp squeezing their skull. They’re also called stress headaches, and they’re the most common type for adults.
|Mild to moderate pain or pressure in the front, top, or sides of your head||A headache that starts later in the day||Tightness or soreness in the muscles in your neck, shoulders, and jaw|
|Feeling very tired||Mild sensitivity to light or noise||Trouble focusing|
|Muscle aches||Irritability||Trouble sleeping|
- There’s no single cause of tension headaches. They don’t run in families. Some people get them because of tight muscles in the back of the neck and scalp.
- The main trigger for these types of headaches is stress but can be brought on by a vast number of triggers such as:
- Not enough rest
- Bad posture
- Emotional or mental stress, including depression
- Low iron levels
- Alcohol use
- Jaw or dental problems
- Straining your eyes
- Skipping meals
- A cold, the flu, or a sinus infection
- It’s best to treat tension headaches soon after they begin, when the symptoms are still mild. The goal is to ease your pain and prevent recurring headaches.
- The most common treatment is taking medications such as Acetaminophen (Tylenol), aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve)
- Other treatments are simply lifestyle changes and identifying and avoiding triggers such as situations that cause tension or stress and managing a more rigorous sleep schedule.
- Ice sometimes can help alleviate headaches.
- Stretching and yoga can relieve some of the tension causing headaches.
You've come to the right place
- Ultrasound is a great choice to treat headaches and has been used in clinics for decades.
- Ultrasonic sound waves are pulsed into the affected and inflamed tissues and trigger points at a million vibrations per second.
- The sound waves penetrate the skin and surface layers causing the soft tissue to vibrate. This produces increased blood flow to the area to help reduce local swelling and chronic inflammation and thereby relieve pain.
- Increased blood flow also delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the tissue, removes cell waste and aids healing. Regular ultrasound therapy on your headaches relieves pain nearly immediately.
- Ultrasound is a drug free and proven modality.
How to use your Sonic Relief to treat headaches:
- Feel around for trigger points or tightness on the back of your neck and the base of your skull.
- Apply a quarter size dollop of ultrasound gel on the Sonic Relief sound head
- Turn on the Sonic Relief device to the “medium” setting.
- Apply the sound head onto the back of the neck just below the skull bone to the side of the neck bones.
- Move in a small, circular motion no wider than 2 – 3 inches.
- Add more gel if the gel begins to dry out.
- Sonic Relief will shut off after 10 minutes at which time the treatment is complete.
- Wipe the gel from skin and the sound head with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- You may treat the opposite side one after the other – ie, right side of the neck bones followed by left side – as needed.
- Put the Sonic Relief back in the charger to be ready anytime you need it for headache pain.
- Treat each area up to 3 times per day or as needed.
- Good idea: keep your Sonic Relief by your bedside. Do your treatment before you go to sleep for a chance at a pain free night. Then first thing in the morning to start the day off right. Then try to get a 3rd treatment in during the day if needed – either before or after an activity that generally exacerbates your pain.
I truly wish I had not waited so long
I have suffered with chronic neck and shoulder pain that caused headaches for many years. I first became aware of your product about 18 months ago but was very skeptical. However during a recent flare-up of my problems where I was experiencing really severe headaches I decided to put my skepticism aside and order Sonic Relief.I truly wish I had not waited so long. Not only did Sonic Relief get my current crisis under control but I feel better than I have in years. My tension headaches are disappearing.
Thanks for a terrific product and one that I would gladly recommend to anyone.
Joanie G. Goderich, Ontario